The following constitute the terms and conditions to which applicants agree when booking any National Drones Institute training or online courses (Terms and Conditions). National Drones Institute reserves the right to review and update these periodically. Please note separate terms and condition apply to private courses.
- Booking an in-person training or online course
- In-person training and online courses can be booked via the booking forms available on National Drones Institute website or speaking with a National Drones Institute employee directly.
- When you submit a booking for an online course, your submission represents an offer to the National Drones Institute to book you onto the course you selected. On submission of the face-to-face training course or eLearning course form you will receive an automated summary email of your selection.
- National Drones Institute will accept your offer by entering your booking onto the National Drones Institute system and sending you an email confirming that you have been booked together with information on starting your learning.
- Prices, discounts and GST
- Notice of new pricing will be given in advance, but National Drones Institute reserves the right to change prices listed without notice.
- If three or more people book onto the same face-to-face training course from the same organisation they may qualify for a discount off the combined course fees. This discount is at the discretion of National Drones and only applies to National Drones Institute courses and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Places are subject to availability. Contact National Drones for more information.
- The in-person training course fees include: tuition on the day(s), all relevant course materials, equipment, an air-conditioned room. The online course fees include: access to online learning system, assessment and 2 day practical.
- Fees must be paid at the point of booking via National Drones online payment process except for corporate accounts whereby invoice can be issued accordingly. If you have an applicable discount code this must be entered at the time of booking, as the discount cannot be applied retrospectively.
- All major credit and debit cards are accepted. A receipt will be sent to you confirming payment. Please note that if you do not provide accurate details (including type of card and number) or if your credit card company does not authorise payment, your application will be deemed void. The National Drones Institute will not accept any liability for costs incurred as a result of applications deemed void in this manner.
- GST is charged at the applicable rate depending on the course selected.
- National Drones Institute in-person training and online courses
- After booking onto the online course you will be given access to National Drones Institute e-learning site. You will be given a period of 90 days to complete the online course before your practical assessment. By using National Drones Institute e-learning site you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you cannot use the site.
- Whilst we make every effort to keep changes to the site to a minimum, we reserve the right to make any amendments to the terms and conditions at any time to reflect changes affecting our business, including but not limited to, changes in technology, payment methods and legal and regulatory requirements. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept any changes made to the terms and conditions.
- Ownership and intellectual property rights
All National Drones Institute materials, whether on the National Drones Institute website or at a National Drones Institute training day, are owned by National Drones Institute. All intellectual property rights in all materials available from National Drones Institute, including the design, graphics and text of all printed materials and the audio of all online courses, are owned by National Drones Institute. When you are given access to National Drones Institute, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable access to use National Drones Institute materials. No National Drones Institute content may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, displayed or linked to in any way, in whole or in part. Any such use is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of National Drones Institute intellectual property rights.
- Special requirements at the in-person and practical training course
The National Drones Institute will make every effort to accommodate special requirements that have been notified in advance on the booking form.
- Health and safety at the face-to-face and practical training course
You must comply with all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the premises at which the training courses are provided.
National Drones Institute reserves the right to remove any delegate from a training course whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate by National Drones Institute trainers. In these circumstances, National Drones Institute will neither refund any fees nor reimburse any other costs.
National Drones Institute shall provide such trainers to present the training course as it, in its sole discretion, deems fit and National Drones Institute shall be entitled at any time to substitute any trainer with any other person who, in National Drones Institute sole discretion, it deems suitably qualified to present the relevant course.
National Drones Institute does not warrant that the provision of any content online will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely or error free, that defects will be corrected or that such content is secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
- Joining Instructions
Joining instructions including an outline of the day and venue details will be available prior to the course start date via the Learning Academy. National Drones Institute will not be held responsible for non-receipt of joining instructions and refunds will not be issued under such circumstances.
- Cancellation of a face-to-to face training course
If you need to cancel your place on the training course, you must notify National Drones via email more than 28 days before the course start date. You will receive a full refund less an admin fee of 20% (plus GST) of the course fee. If you cancel your place less than 28 days before the course start date, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Substituting your face-to-face training course place
If you need to substitute your place on a training course, you must notify National Drones via email. If National Drones is notified more than 28 days before the course start date there will be no charge. Any substitutions made less than 28 days before the course start date will incur a $150 admin fee.
- Transferring your place
If you can no longer attend the training course you are entitled to transfer your booking onto the next training course that has availability. The transfer option only applies to delegates who are transferring to a different date for the same course and the date must be specified at the time of the transfer. The transfer is free of charge if you notify National Drones Institute via email more than 28 days before the course start date. Any transfer made less than 28 days before the course start date will incur a $150 admin fee.
- Cancellation of an online course
Once you have booked onto an online course you have up to 7 days from the purchase date to cancel your booking and receive a full refund provided that the eLearning site has not been accessed. After the 7 days, or if the eLearning has been accessed you will not be entitled to any refund, nor will you be able to transfer your eLearning to another person or onto another eLearning course.
- Changes and/or Cancellation by National Drones Institute
Where circumstances dictate, National Drones Institute reserves the right to alter published programmes, trainers, fees, dates or venues without prior notice. In extreme circumstances, National Drones Institute may be forced to cancel a course. In that case a refund of the course fee will be made but no compensation will be paid for any additional costs incurred (for example travel, accommodation etc).
If you fail to attend the course you are booked onto without giving prior notice to National Drones Institute, we will be unable to refund the course fees or offer a transfer
- Cancellation of a face-to-to face training course